Friday, August 21, 2009

A great read and PR



I am in love with this book, as well as the site feministing.com. I am however getting more and more mad about some things that I really didn't think too much about before. But, Jessica Valenti has become quite the heroine to me (as well as Sarah Haskins, more on her later) and after reading her other book 'He's a Stud, She's a Slut' I was totally hooked.
Another thing that I'm in love with and am totally going to try my hand at is making a vintage style bathing suit. I SUCK at sewing stretch and lycra (horrible sweat shop experience back in the day) but I've ordered some custom made suits and they were not what I expected quality wise or fit wise. I did buy a cute little bikini from a new designer on etsy.com that I will totally post photos of when it comes in. Maybe this one will be of better quality and fit than the other one? I hope. I wasted over $200 on suits that don't fit this summer, I'm sure money could of gone other places. Not that I even swim, or tan......so why the hell am I buying all these?
And...........PROJECT RUNWAY IS ON AGAIN! I effing love this show, love it love it love it love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment